Current Size: 100%
The Main Building
The Main Building was among the first buildings constructed by the Freedmen’s Bureau for Howard University. After it was completed in 1869, it was used for the University’s administrative offices, the Freedmen’s Bureau; and the Theology Department (1871-1929). The Main Building was demolished in 1935. Founders Library was erected on its site in 1935.